Three is a Special Number

Friday was a hard day.  I was scared. I am still scared. After work my husband and I went out to an early dinner. He and I are very different in how we process things, but we had a good conversation and I was able to relax a little afterwards. When we got home we just relaxed and watched Netflix before going to bed. I have been dealing with some insomnia in the middle of the night and I actually was able to sleep all the way to 5 am, which was amazing.

We left the house at 6 am and arrived a little early to the clinic. As soon as we were called in at 6:30 things went pretty fast. I had never met the nurse on OR duty that day, but she was very sweet and made me feel comfortable. I was feeling relaxed and my husband and I were joking around.

After changing into a gown and getting hooked up to an IV the nurse took me to empty my bladder one last time, and I walked into the OR. I remember a mask being placed on my face and then I woke up in recovery. The retrieval went pretty quickly, which isn’t surprising with only 5 follicles. When I woke up they let us know they were able to get 5 eggs. We stayed in recovery for a while, I had some apple juice and I was able to pee (a requirement for discharge) pretty quickly. They had me stay a while longer to get more IV fluids. They wheeled me out to the car and I spent a lot of the rest of the day sleeping. After how much sleep I had lost over the previous days it felt good to catch up.

When I woke up I felt really sore. I tried to drink as much as possible to stay hydrated so I was having to get up to pee a lot, which was good but also difficult with how sore I was. It was all for the best because I did feel much better on Sunday, but was still a little sore. I started the PIO shot on Sunday as well, in my back side. The shot itself didn’t hurt but over the day my whole right side from my butt down to my foot ached! Thankfully today it did not have the same effect on the left side, and the right is feeling much better.

Sunday morning the clinic called first thing. Of course my phone didn’t ring and they left a message. I couldn’t call back for about 20 minutes when the clinic’s main phone system turned on, and of course (likely thanks to daylight savings time) the phone system did not come on when it was supposed to. So obviously I was stalker calling every minute for like 20 minutes until it finally worked.

The embryologist let us know that out of the 5 eggs, 4 were mature, and three fertilized normally.

She scheduled our transfer for tomorrow (Tuesday). Our clinic does 3 day transfers if you have less than 5 embryos.

Three has always been my favorite number and I am hoping that it’s a good sign that we had three eggs fertilized for a three day transfer and if it works out I will be due on December 3rd. I am also 33, just to throw that in there. I have been praying every day that God is watching over my little embabies helping them grow. While all of the things I have done to help my eggs over the past year haven’t helped my quantity I pray that they had effect on quality.

I want to thank everyone who commented on my last post with some much support. I love this community and I am so appreciative of the kind words.


22 thoughts on “Three is a Special Number

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s